Fatehpuri Sikri is covered with stone projections, in the form of elephant tusks, that symbolised the limitless wealth and influence of the Mughal empire.
Legend holds that on special occasions lamps were attached to each tusk to create a transcendental spectacle. Besides being the focal point around which the town was planned, the Minar was also an architectural icon of Emperor Akbar's capital.
• Please dust articles frequently. Do so with a soft microfibre cloth or brush since soapstone is a soft stone and may scratch if cleaned with abrasive surfaces.
• Please clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap.
• Please blot up spills immediately.
• Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice, or other cleaners containing acids.
• Don’t use cleaners that contain acids such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub & tile cleaners.
• Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
• Please do not pick up articles by their delicate parts (such as ears, arms etc). Handle these precious creations with care.